What Saves Us

Today--right now--I am going to shut down my computer, push back my chair, walk out of this office, and mail my poetry manuscript. I can't fathom why sending out a manuscript should be so dang hard. I want to address it--as someone suggests in one of the books on my capacious shelves--"To the Editor Who Will Appreciate Me." Instead it has to go to an actual, physical location. It's a rich process. I don't think I'm finished with this manuscript yet. But sending it out (and ushering it to this threshold) seems a step in the right direction. Go little book.

“Your soul knows the geography of your destiny. Your soul alone has the map of your future, therefore you can trust this indirect, oblique side of yourself. If you do, it will take you where you need to go, but more important it will teach you a kindness of rhythm in your journey.” ― John O'Donohue, Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom

Comments